Wednesday 28 March 2012

The Bankes Arms Hotel, Studland, Dorset.


How does it feel?
Definitely the best pub I've been to in a long time. This pub has it's own brewery, it's warm and friendly inside, and an amazing view across the sea from the beer garden.



Another plus is that dogs are allowed inside. That is normally a good sign.
Did they serve you ale in a glass?
Yes they did! So many delicious ales brewed right here to choose from. I went for a pale ale being that it's a very hot day. Pale ale can be a very hit and miss affair, but this one delivers! I wonder if they do brewery tours....
Salty snacks/pickled eggs?
No pickled eggs! I asked, the bar maid laughed! I surely cannot be the first person wanting to take in the beautiful view and delicious ale with a lovely pickled egg! Good menu though, but this is not a restaurant guide!
Will you be sad to leave?
Yes! I never want to leave.... Ok, well maybe one day, but not soon.

Rating (out of 7): 6******. If only I could have had an egg!

5 comments:

  1. Great Stuff! I recently went there! One of the few pubs that let dogs in and about the food. There's a big ale festival in August that I think we should all go to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yes! Hopefully they'll read this and get pickling ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your important work on this blog. Can't figure out how to post in general, so I'm posting here. I'm wondering how you factor in ancillaries like darts or live music (ie, does is help or hamper the enjoyment of a pint)?
    I am an Anglophile in the middle of America and have not been to the UK (but i do drive an old Jaguar), so your efforts here are indeed important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, thanks Gerard! It's been a while hasn't it?! If all goes to plan there should be more posts within the next two weeks. Hold on to your ale glasses!!!

    ReplyDelete