Wednesday 21 September 2011

The De Havilland Arms - Elvetham Heath, Fleet, Hants,UK.



How does it feel? This is a new pub set amongst the rolling red brick countryside of a new housing estate. It's difficult to escape from that. Otherwise, a little like I'm drinking ale in a pre-school. Saying that though, the people with the kids look mostly happy. I've certainly enjoyed a few visits here with friends with children, quite a family sort of pub. The outside patio area is quite nice, and I feel happier here. Nice open fires for the winter...

Did they serve you ale in a glass? Yes they did! One of the redeeming features of this place, delicious Badger Ales.

Salty snacks/pickled eggs? God how I wish for an egg...Sadly just McCoys and Mini Chedders for me. They do serve from the menu until quite late though.

Will you be sad to leave? Not really, never really am.

Rating (out of 7): This has to be a 3. The good draught ale and fires score for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment