Saturday 1 October 2011

The Manor, St Mary's Road, Croyde, Devon, UK.








How does it feel? Like when you walk into a pub, and everyone looks at you, except there is no-one else here. Totally deserted. It is a Monday afternoon out of season though. Otherwise a comfortable bar area and a large restaurant. Unless anyone else turns up I doubt we'll stay to test the menu.

Did they serve you ale in a glass? Yes, a few decent ales on offer. Nothing inspirational though on this front.

Salty snacks/pickled eggs? Just the usual selection of crisps etc. Nothing stands out here either. Again there is a menu for snacks.

Will you be sad to leave?I hope I do get to leave, pubs this empty always freak me out.

Rating (out of 7): I'll give the benefit of the doubt, and offer a 2. Reasonable ale, and probably ok when there are more/some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment