Friday 7 October 2011

The Crab and Dragon, Frimley Road, Camberley, Surrey, UK



How does it feel? Wow, this is a hard one. First appearance wasn't good, it's one of those modern re-fits which are not normally my first choice. The refit was possibly a year or so ago by the seems of things. However as I settle in, it is ok. There's lots of leather seats. You know how a schnauzer's fur is softer than it looks, it feels like that.

Did they serve you ale in a glass? Yes!
When I walked in I expected that a 'cream flow' affair would be the closest to ale that I would get. I was pleasantly surprised to find they seemed to have Young's as standard, with a couple of others available. However the focus seems to be on the yellow stuff.

Salty snacks/pickled eggs? McCoys again! Might just be me, but my boat won't float on a sea of crumpled crisps. Peanuts were available but I didn't even ask for an egg, it just didn't seem worth it.

Will you be sad to leave? Not tonight, but I am quite enjoying my sit down and brown here. First impression aside, I'm actually having a nice time.

Rating (out of 7): Again only a 3. I'm really stuck on the fence with this. Maybe I'll come back another day, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment