Saturday 28 July 2012

The Exchequer, Crondall Road, Crookham Village, Hants, GU51 5SU, UK






How does it feel?Great! There's been a recent refurbishment, and it's looking good. Modern interior, but still manages to keep hold of that country pub feeling. Very quiet inside today, I'm surprised as I'd of thought this place would pull a crowd on a lovely summers afternoon. Still relaxed though, I don't feel uneasy despite the lack of other customers.
Did they serve you ale in a glass?Yes, three Ringwood Ales to choose from. Not a bad selection at all.
Salty snacks/pickled eggs? I GOT AN EGG!




It came from a big jar, but it tastes like some from the local supermarket. Beggars can't be choosers though, what a delicious surprise! Egg...beer...sunshine. Happy!
Will you be sad to leave?
Yes! I wonder if we could set up a small commune in the beer garden. I could call this place home.
Rating (out of 7): 6. Eggtastic.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your egg!!! Finally!!! ... This place sounds excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! First egg and ale in ages! We've been here before on the canal/pub walk. A nice pub, well worth a repeat visit. Hope you guys are well?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An egg! Amazing. For that reason alone I would visit this pub...

    ReplyDelete