Saturday 8 September 2012

Goldies, 36 High East St, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1HN






How does it feel?
We were instantly made to feel welcome. There's plenty of real ales to choose from, I hope I stay a while! It's comfortable, there's loads of places to sit without it feeling cramped, and a nice garden/smoking area out the back. There's a sign on the wall saying it is the oldest pub in Dorchester serving real ale. Having had a brief look around the town this pub must be really, really old. Dogs are allowed, which for me is a massive plus. It's nice to have dogs and ale in the same place together.

Did they serve you ale in a glass?Yes! The main offering seems to be from the Ringwood Brewery which is to be expected in this neck of the woods. I'm happy though as Ringwood normally deliver the goods. There's also a few other offerings to compliment the selection. I'd be surprised if this place wasn't in the Good Pub Guide next year - so much choice of quality ale.

Salty snacks/pickled eggs?We're here at a private function that offers canapés so I haven't checked the bar snacks just yet. If I have room later I'll go egg hunting...

Will you be sad to leave?
Yes, but then I'm sure I'll be back soon. There is an open mic session later that I'd have loved to stay for. I'm not sure if music nights are a regular thing here or not. Personally I like some music with my dogs and ale.

Rating (out of 7):7! The first one!

1 comment:

  1. Great pub! Ale, Music, Dogs, Pickled Eggs.... What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete